13.2.11

Progress!

Good bye old light...


Hello new Norm 69 lamp shade!



Goodbye old blocked up fireplace (see above)...


Hello opened up fireplace...


and finally HELLO the finished log stack.


This week our bedroom window also needed a final coat of paint because...


Hello wooden shutters, you have finally arrived! I am in LOVE. 
We used the New England Shutter Company who were fantastic. I can't stop smiling! After 6 months of no curtains, blinds or shutters we finally have something up at our windows! Woohoo!


The finished room, minus a new bed...one day soon I hope.


And the spare room also has shutters...PROGRESS!



Poor Wilf has an ear infection so is wearing a cone to stop him itching. He keeps wandering off for a snooze and look where I found him...he obviously approves of the shutters and some privacy from the neighbours at last!

PROGRESS - WOOHOO!

6 comments:

  1. Loving your blog and the pictures of your bedroom makeover...
    I like the 'norm 69' light and was wondering where you got your 'W' from? And why 'W'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The Norm 69 light is from designer-lights.com and the big 'W' is from anthropology (www.anthropology.eu) and stands for 'Wood' which was my maiden name. It's made out of zinc and can go inside or outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool - ill check those out at anthropology. thanks! Ive just started blogging and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog randomly googling about Norm 69 and I love it! I was wondering is your lamp the small version, and how high are your ceilings. I was thinking about putting it up in my bedroom, but I am worried about it hanging too low, would love your input.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for your message. Our Norm 69 is indeed the small version. Our ceilings are just over 9 feet high, but the lamp shade itself can be adjusted to hang at different lengths so I'm sure it would work with most ceiling heights. How high is your ceiling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx for your reply! My ceilings are 2.5m high, that is about 8.2 feet. But I wanted to buy the large version, as it is discounted on yoox website, costing less than the small one. If the light is about 55 cm high and hanging 10 cm from ceiling, that leaves only 185 cm height (about 72.8 inches). I havent decided yet, but I think I am going to risk it, it is such a great design and a bargain.

    ReplyDelete